The Pig and Whistle Roleplay Tavern

A community of World of Warcraft-themed roleplayers. All are welcome.

A Cold Night (Open RP)

Onawe Skychaser

A Cold Night (Open RP)

Post  Onawe Skychaser on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 am

((Note: Since we don't have that many people, I beleive a sign-up is not necassary. Brightmoone requested someone start and RP, so here goes...))

It was a cold, cold night in Dalaran. The wind blew from all corners of the universe, speaking silent tails to those who could hear them. They blew through the cloaks and robes of anyone in Dalaran on this evening, chilling them only slightly. Down below, in Crystalsong, the winds were barely a quarter as intense as in the City of Mages.

In a garden on the edge of the city, a Draenei sat, wrapped closely in a hooded brown robe. His face was hidden by the darkness of the night and the hood pulled down over it. He sat still, with his knees up against his cheast and his arms wrapped around them. His tail poked out awkwardly from his robe, purple and ornamented with a silver ring. The Draenei reached behind him with his left arm and tucked the small tail into his robe, shivering as he did so.

He had not been able to sleep this night. He could easily have studied magic, but he had found that his eyes would look through the pages, not at them. He had tried to force himself to read, and it had worked, but the second he read a word and moved onto the next, the former disappeared from his memory. So he had walked out here to his favorite vegetable garden, overlooking the shining Crystalsong Forests.

"Why won't I just sleep?..." He thought to himself.

((Edit: Terribly clunky and not flowing, I know. :/ I'll try to smooth it out.))

Last edited by Onawe Skychaser on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Brightmoone
    Admin

Re: A Cold Night (Open RP)

Post  Brightmoone on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 am

A breeze tossed the heavy linen curtains around like they were nothing.

I shivered, and pulled the blanket on my back closer. It was nearly midnight, and here I was, wandering the halls of a cheap inn.

Tonight was the same as all the other nights I had spent in Dalaran, cold, sleepless, and silent. I stopped walking near a window and savored the view for a few moments before opening the door and walking out into the streets.

As per usual, I was alone, save for one or two drunken mages asleep in a nearby alley. Yes, a drink would be nice right now, I thought, yawning, and picking up my pace. The bar was directly down the road from the inn I was staying at. Since it was likely that they were still open in some respect, I figured I could go there for another hour or so before heading back to my room to sleep.

My pattering footsteps broke the calm of midnight in the city of mages, and soon I actually found myself nervously hurrying. As much as I saw nothing... Something told me that tonight was not normal.

Thud.

The noise was dull, very loud, and sounded like metal crashing into stone. I immediately surveyed the area around me, but saw nothing.

More noise, this time that of footsteps that were not my own, followed. I dove into one of the alleyways near me and found a secure hiding spot behind a large crate.

Soon, the city was once again silent. My appetite for alcohol lost, I walked back to my room, not taking my hand off of my dagger.
    Onawe Skychaser

Post  Onawe Skychaser on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 am

Soon, the restlessness turned to frustration and confusion. The Draenei could not look at anything, nor close his eyes. Why? He wished he knew. He put his fingers to his temples and moved them in tight circles. Slowly, the confusion drained away and was replaced with clear-mindedness. The Draenei put both his arms behind him, arched his back, and pushed himself upward into a standing position.

Crunch

"Oh no," The Draenei thought, picking up his right foot and looking at it. A large beetle, or what was left of it, was spread out on his foot, slimy and disgusting. The Draenei gagged a bit, flicking it off onto the grass below. But the slime was still there. He put his foot down ever so sloowly, and, hearing no crunch, wiped his foot on the grass.

Once sure that his hoof was clean, he tightened his robes about him and turned towards the road. Something passed by, giving off loud clunking footfalls. When it was gone, he stepped onto the cobbled road and looked left and right for any other late-night travelers. Finding none, he turned left. He walked for several minutes, passing by many alley-ways and taverns, but none of the latter was his lodging.

With excitement, the Draenei thought he felt weariness, but it turned out that it was just s small yawn coming on.

"Darn it." He thought, still walking. He had just topped a rise in the road, and saw his tavern. It was very far away, and he certainly didn't feel like walking to it.

((Edit: Sweet new layout, Bright!))

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:50 pm