The Pig and Whistle Roleplay Tavern

A community of World of Warcraft-themed roleplayers. All are welcome.

One Bullet: Fate's Crescendo ((RP, Open))

Sonori

One Bullet: Fate's Crescendo ((RP, Open))

Post  Sonori on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:31 am

Kaie sighed, looking up into the rain as it fell down onto the darkened club balcony. The room behind her was private access, so the young woman could observe the night sky without any interruption. The people in the city below rushed about in a blur of activity, going this way and that in the bright illumination of artificial lights. The patter of earthbound water added a subtle rhythm to which they all seemed to move.

The female smiled slightly and shook her head. She had to stop thinking of everything through a musician's eye. At the same moment, the door to the room at her back opened and ushered in a blast of general shouting and pulsing beats from the club deeper within the building. A familiar face was framed in the doorway.

"Kaie, what're you doing out there? We're up next, you need to make sure you're ready to go!" Zane grumbled, rubbing his disheveled mop of brown hair. He always looked like he'd just rolled out of bed, but in a band that was okay. Some people actually found it attractive. Some people being people other than Kaie.

"Just looking for Titan," she murmured, coming in from the balcony and sliding the glass door shut behind her. She shook her long, deep azure hair free from water and lifted her guitar from where it lay propped against a small couch. The instrument itself was a masterpiece, with a sleek body and gleaming finish.

"Look, I know you want to get off this rock and find your place in the universe, but first we have to make enough money to do that. And how do we make money? Doing what we do best, playing music for the general idiots of the city. Now let's go!" The bassist quickly disappeared into the constantly shifting yet colorful lights of the space beyond.

"Right," Kaie answered to no one, reaching under her short jacket to check her waistband. Reassured at the familiar weight at the small of her back, she let her hand drop and slid her guitar over her shoulder. "Showtime."

Half an hour later the woman was swaying her head, her hair a glimmering curtain flowing through the air as she and the rest of the band played their own special brand of a death metal and heavy punk fusion. Behind her sat Ken, her hands and drumsticks a blur as they pounded out a beat upon which the rest of the group built. Zane played to her right, his head hung low over his bass as his fingers pulled upward on the strings. She couldn't see his face through his fallen hair, but she was sure it was enthusiastic as always. And leaning forward to the point that he almost fell into the sea of people below the stage was Roric, screaming his lungs out.

When the set was over, the sound of fans screaming grated on Kaie's ears as the band packed up their gear and began to move offstage. Luckily, they were well-known enough to have some roadies and assistants to pass their equipment to. "I'm going to the van," she called, walking down a short passage before quickly slipping back into the private room from before. With a soft click of the lock, she had closed the door and moved out onto the balcony.

Sure enough, Kaie could hear the gruff voice of the club's activities manager grumbling two windows down the building. With a short hop over the railing, her dark figure landed on a thin ledge that ran along the structure and began sliding along at a brisk pace, being careful with her footing on the water-slicked stone. Within moments she waited below the man's window. Pulling on a pair of gloves, she placed her fingers beneath the barely-cracked window and lifted it open before standing and clearing her throat.

The thin and weasel-like man before her turned instantly, his head still cocked into a cell phone. "I'm going to have to call you back," he snapped, cutting the connection and smoothing his light suit before regarding Kaie. "What in the hell are you doing standing outside my window in the rain?" he growled.

"I just have a question for you, Mr. Hilgave," Kaie responded.

"If it's about paying you more money, forget it. You got paid average for an average performance. Now get out of here, you're only proving me right that all you people are insane devil-worshiping heathens who skulk around in the dark," the older man hissed before turning back toward his desk.

"It's about my father," Kaie muttered dangerously. Hilgave stopped mid-step before slowing facing her again. "I want to know where he went. I know you worked with him on multiple occasions, and you should at least have a good idea as to what he was doing."

"I'm afraid I know nothing about that," the accountant answered airily, subtly reaching for his desktop. "However I am glad that you didn't use the door, the only security cameras are out in that hallway. Nothing to prove you were even here," he added, leveling a small revolver at the girl.

"My point exactly," Kaie said with a smile over her already aimed handgun. "I'll find him with or without your help." And with that she pulled the trigger, a small pop issuing from the end of her suppressor as her would-be assailant fell to the floor with a red stain blossoming through his white undershirt. In a smooth movement, his killer pulled the window back down and grabbed a nearby rain funnel. Swinging out into the open night air, she slid quickly down the multiple stories to the ground and landed with a small splash mere feet from the garage on the lowest floor of the club.

A short jog and Kaie was at the van, unlocking it and sliding into the back end before toweling herself off. Not long after, Roric and Zane piled into the front seats while Ken flopped into the rear area with her. She was glad the club had so many levels to it.

"Not much of an after-party," Roric sighed, thumping his head on the steering wheel. "Good show though."

"Clubs are always like that," Kaie soothed, resting her head on the back of the bench-style seating at the front of the van. "Few more shows and we'll have that label."

"Yeah...yeah!" Roric replied happily, keying the ignition. The other two members smiled as well. "Screw them, let's go have our own party. Town like this should have at least somewhere nice to eat!" With a rumble, the van pulled out of the garage and merged into the city's traffic. Kaie wore her own smile as they rode away, city lights briefly kissing her cheek as they flashed by.

((Okay, kind of an idea I tossed around for a while now. I wanted to have something musical, but something with political intrigue as well. Basically, as I hope you can tell, there's some underlying stuff to where the band goes and plays. Anyone can join as anyone they want, as part of the band or even someone following Kaie's trail. Whether the rest of the band is in on the seedier parts is up to you guys. I just gave random names to them, if you want to create your own musical person just say so in your post and I'll edit mine. Also, for those who don't know, Titan is a moon of Saturn. Just a fun little tidbit Cool. Also used the large font size because normal made this seem... really small and weird.))

Last edited by Sonori on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Onawe Skychaser

Re: One Bullet: Fate's Crescendo ((RP, Open))

Post  Onawe Skychaser on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:09 am

((What kind of shoes was she wearing? It's necassary for my plan to join lol.))
    Sonori

Post  Sonori on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Onawe Skychaser wrote:((What kind of shoes was she wearing? It's necassary for my plan to join lol.))

Soft leather flat soled calf boots.
    Onawe Skychaser

Post  Onawe Skychaser on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:25 pm

((Then I can't use the shoes for evidence... Do I have permission to find an azure hair?))
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:26 pm

(( I would love to rp the drummer, but i'd like to change it from a male to female character. I'm okay with using ken for the name, using it as a nickname Razz

If that's all good tell me and i'll start rping Twisted Evil ))

(( also can i get a band that has a sound that you're trying to explain? ty Very Happy ))

Last edited by IntegraVanWoflstin on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Onawe Skychaser

Post  Onawe Skychaser on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:27 pm

((Finally Integra Razz))
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Kendra took a seat next to Kaie like she usually did. Her arms and legs were throbbing but she didn't mind, after all this is what she loved to do. She ran a hand through her short, silver hair. She had her drumsticks in her hand and was tapping some beat against the back of the front chair while pounding her feet as if she was still playing. She usually did this while she was sitting but was never something that seemed to noticeable without her drumsticks.

After a bit she set the sticks down and picked up a book that she was reading. It was some fantasy novel by her favorite author; she found that her better beats came while she was reading, and the others tended to agree. she wore a sleeveless violet and black shirt, and several black leather bands around her left bicep and right forearm; there is also a dark red, serpentine dragon tattoo running up and around her right arm from the bands. A shining metal chain, with thick links, hung close to her neck. "Do we really need a party?" she asked almost in a whine. she was never much of a drinker but after a few she would loose that battle and drink with the best of them, and then she would end up doing stupid things...

She nudged Kaie in the arm trying to get her attention. " Did it seem like we were going slow, or was it just me? Could have sworn someone was slacking..." she tended to be a perfectionist when it came to the band, and when the songs were played to slow she became a royal bitch. "If we need to slow down for you to get those rifts just tell me." She snickered and smiled slyly. her white lipstick gave an eerie dead look against her slightly tanned skin. she had bright violet eyes, but she put a colored contact in one to give it a blood red colour. she was muscularly tone, though her arms and legs had more definition than the rest for obvious reasons.

(( there you go Very Happy ))
    (( also is it okay if i make her an anthro like my avatar??))
    Sonori

Post  Sonori on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Onawe Skychaser wrote:((Then I can't use the shoes for evidence... Do I have permission to find an azure hair?))

((Sure, go for it. Don't expect to prove anything though, as Kaie would have been there when the band was working out the gig Wink I changed the things for Kendra Integra, and you can be anthro if you want. I came to these forums to rp outside of WoW, and who's to say there isn't a strange race of wolf-like beings that could have evolved similarly to humans out near Saturn or somewhere in space? As for reference, it's really hard to explain the sound I have in mind for the band. It's like metalcore with gothic and alternative rock undertones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPBe814jdk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrU2RFX3_U

Best I can find at the moment hehe. Think of a mixture of those two, and a little darker.))
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:17 pm

(( okay from what you said i was thinking of something like all that remains actually xD
    I like the guitar rift you posted... if you want darker should use
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkB8L0wNckw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oID_sUtej4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQ0m6jtKEo

I find that overcome is really radio friendly... but the earlier albums have a darker sound which i like better anyway Razz or maybe you mean darker like... job for a cowboy maybe (look up unfurling a darkened gospel on youtube Twisted Evil )

okay.. as far as being anthro, my character only has the tail and and ears.. so picture my avatar with the clothing/makeup/tattoo i described Very Happy ))
    Sonori

Post  Sonori on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:41 am

Kaie shrugged and smirked, pulling her jacket tighter. "I wasn't having a problem with it, I think Zane was going slow personally." She sighed airily. "He is the bassist after all. Or it could have been Roric's crowd-pleasing. Either way, didn't change how much we got paid." It had likely been her going slowly while focusing her imminent confrontation with Hilgave, but she wouldn't admit it. She had to act like herself, after all.

After pulling her Hand Sonoline out of her pocket and sliding a bud into her right ear, the girl switched on the aural device as it began to play almost archaic "new age" music from Earth. It was strange, but the tones were soothing to her at least. The best thing about the passage of time was the development of technology, as handheld music devices like her Sono could now evoke rather forceful imagery related to the music it played. It was akin to attending a concert in her own head. With one ear free, she looked at Ken again and lightly flicked the tip of one fuzzy ear.

"Of course we're going to party, and you're going to join us. It's part of being a band you know." Kaie closed her eyes and slid the other bud into her open ear, fully immersing herself in a softly-transluscent world of shifting ethereal water and the sounds of animals long extinct to the universe.
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:11 am

"Yeah... That still doesn't mean we can't play our best, and you know how I get." she sighed smoothing out her skirt. She only wore jeans, pants, shorts, etc. if she absolutely had to; she hated trying to get her tail through the hole that was cut in for her kind, though her tail always brought the back end of the skirt up a bit. But that never really bothered her, being a bit of a tease.

Ken's ears twitched down upon being flicked, which distracted her from her musical perfectionism. "Hey..." She whined. She didn't like when people messed with her ears, having enough trouble as a young pup going to a mostly human school. "If I must... But No beer! Can't hold that to save my life." she shook her head and tapped Zane's head with the back of her hand. "That means you Zane. I'm not drinking anything you hand me." this just made Him laugh. after all, the last couple times she got completely wasted was because Zane kept slipping her mickeys.

She returned to her book once everything got quiet again. Everyone seemed to have a way to calm down after a gig. she wasn't sure what Zane or Roric did, probably drink themselves silly. Kaie had her music player with whatever she listened to, which kind of annoyed Ken mostly because it seemed that she wasn't listening. And Kendra had her books. She kept pounding her feet as she read, going through patterns of blast beats, triplets, and other rhythmic patterns.
    Onawe Skychaser

Post  Onawe Skychaser on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Last edited by Onawe Skychaser on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:02 pm

After what seemed like hours the van finally stopped... abruptly. A symbol crashed as it fell against something. "Dammit Roric! What have I told you about that!" kendra shouted hitting him in the back of the head with a drumstick. she turned around and made sure that nothing was broken, and then stood everything up. "swear you're trying to break everything." she growled, shaking her head in frustration.

After she was satisfied, she joined the others. "So where did you bring us?" she sighed aggitatedly. She looked up at the sign which read: Pandora's Home. "Great another club..." she groaned slapping her face with her palm. "at least I could have gotten something to eat at a bar." She also could have gotten drunk at a bar without someone really noticing, well besides everyone in the band.

She drudged in after everyone else. the club was some neon cloaked rave style club, dishing out techno and other things people could 'dance' too. If you call that dancing... She thought with a scowl. to her it looked like some kind of mating process. Ken quickly made her way to the bar and grabbed the bartender; she didn't want to wait for her drinks. "Do you know what a Ragnarök is?" she said over the music. The tender looked confused and then looked at some list he had behind the bar. When he saw what it was his eyes bulged. "You sure you want that?" "I ordered it didn't I?!" she was getting even more irritated. "Fine it's your funeral..."

The bartender set up three glasses and began to pour the drinks. the first one was a blue colour and filled with ice shavings. the second was a deep red that looked like blood and was served warm. the third was pitch black and looked like it would probably make someone vomit. he then went to set down the liquors... "Hey! You're forgetting one!" Ken shouted at him. After a second look he shook his head. "Are you for real?" "Just pour the damn drink!" The bartender sighed and set down a forth glass and filled it. this one was green and looked almost like it would taste good but it had a rancid smell, which only made her grin.

once all the drinks where poured she quickly began drinking the blue drink, enjoying the feeling of bone chilling cold that it brought her. She drank the entire thing in one drought. She moved to the red drink, which warmed her and had a very metallic taste. this one was the easiest to drink though to most it tasted like blood which makes them quit, but she finished this one in one drought as well. She moved to the black drink, which had an acrid smell. The taste was disgusting and chalky thanks to a certain powder that gave it it's colour. Most would have vomited and even the strongest of drinkers had troubles drinking it. But She easily downed it, not even gagging.

By this time people were watching her drink her 'suicidal' endeavor. Those who tried to dink it themselves were laughing, making bets to weather she would finish the last one and puke, would puke before starting, and others the like. she grinned wolfishly, showing her teeth and fangs (pretty much larger canine teeth). She grabbed the final drink and tipped it end up into her mouth. This one was extremely sweet, kind of a minty cream taste. The mixture of all of these tend to make ones stomach contract and force expulsion. But that didn't happen to Kendra. it actually made her feel good and hungrier.

(( If you don't understand what i did, I made a drink... well four drinks that are themed around Ragnarok or twilight of the gods in Norse mythology. The blue drink is the Years of endless winter. the red is the fall of man, where humans begin a bloody/violent fights amongst themselves. the black is the final battle of the gods. and the green is the rebirth of the world. and it has to be taken in that order Twisted Evil))

(( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRIjMVfk3Hg&feature=PlayList&p=FC5BE82634EC86EE&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=23 this might be what your thinking of sonori... imo anyway Razz ))
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:34 pm

(( one question... did you think of a band name?? ))
    Sonori

Post  Sonori on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Kaie watched Ken with mild interest from where she sat with Zane and Roric. Her small bowl of imported sake sat half-empty already, but she couldn't compare with the likes of the anthromorphic girl. Drinking a Ragnarök was something most perpetual drunkards couldn't even accomplish. The guitarist shrugged and lifted her bowl again, sipping contentedly at the heavily-alcoholic beverage.

"You think she scares most of the guys who've thought about coming up to her?" Kaie asked the men, smirking a little. "Most girls can't outdrink the men in clubs."

"I dunno," Zane muttered, tipping back a large lager. "That chick weirds me out sometimes too," he chuckled, licking the foam away from his upper lip.

"You're mean," Kaie laughed, shoving her friend before standing and adjusting her jacket. "I don't know what it is about rainy nights, but they make me want to dance." Without another word, she stepped out onto the dance floor and joined the crowd of moving and swaying people, moving her own hips in time with the upbeat music. If nothing else, it helped keep her mind off what had happened at the previous club.
    Sonori

Post  Sonori on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:15 pm

((Hrm, not yet. I always liked Songs of Tempest or something like that.))
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:33 pm

(( that's not bad... I was thinking of something a little darker, but in theory it's your band Razz ))

After finishing the set Ken was almost to the point of drunkenness. She was at the high end of being tipsy, which was actually a good thing for her. she loosened up a lot and felt better about being at the club. The beat of the song was starting to get to her, though she couldn't help but add little tweaks to suit her style; Her musical mind adding a more complex drum line than what was playing.

She began to sway in the rhythm as her drink took its full effect. She wasn't drunk, per say, but another drink would fix that. She noticed Kaie walking onto the dace floor and felt the sudden urge to join her. She slowly, staggeringly made her way beside her friend and began to do a bizarre dance to the more complex beat in her mind. The weird thing was that the dance worked for the song; in fact people began to watch her, though many of the men were probably watching her skirt go up and getting a flash. Some of the bystanders tried to replicate her movements but failed without the beat in her mind.

as the song drew to a close she got closer to Kaie; her high turning into drunkenness. The song sped up as the song finished and somehow Kendra wrapped herself around her friend and almost kissed her. Before it happened she felt Kaie squirm. "Shit! did I almost do it again?" she groaned hitting her head with her palm. She wasn't into other women, though the thought made her wonder, but when she lost her inhibitions it really didn't matter, and this wouldn't be the first time she kissed or almost kissed Kaie. "I think i should probably sit down..." she sighed; her ears down showing her emotional downer.
    Devilforge

Post  Devilforge on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Absolutely appalling and yet strangely attractive. By force of habit Sebastian adjusted his non existent glasses over his greenish gray eyes, barely realizing he chose to wear contacts, and examined the furry. He brushed his hand on his side for no apparent reason and pushed his hand into his black jeans. Black was such a slimming, not that he needed it for reasons beyond paranoia.

He was oddly essentric, he hadn't a lot of money but he was getting through school, his parents weren't all that strange, just him. He pulled his black polo over his barely muscular frame, ran his hand through his brownish blond hair and waited.

Those were such odd creatures, pretty rare too, he would have one, perhaps this one. Though he would've preferred one with a cat tail, this one would slake his curiosity, perhaps even more things. He moved behind her, avoiding people carrying drinks, bastards who were wasted, swaying and just taking up too much room.

He put on a bit of a facade with a thin smile and said, "I'm quite curious as to what exactly that is, or rather was." He probably should've said those and were, but he wasn't typing no backspace button. He let out a soft chuckle and told her "Many men, and quite a few women were horrified by it."

Damn, she was gone, such rotten timing and luck, he had likely ignored her departure or lied to himself about it. She shouldn't have gotten that far and unless she also had the speed of a wolf, couldn't. A relief, she was only dancing, he didn't exactly believe in dancing existing as an art so he wouldn't say well, but she hadn't left yet.

Ok, while normally he wouldn't comment on dancing as he couldn't dance well, according to others, but this woman was shitfaced. Nearly toppling over, turning into a lesbian for a moment. He had to let out a laugh at her. It was indeed an entertaining show.

He moved behind her at her new seat and with a look that seemed somewhat surprised he told her "You are full of surprises." That was pretty much all he could say for a moment. "Anyway, what exactly was in those drinks, they seemed interesting, judging by color and the expressions of those around you."

((Blah a somewhat crappy post, posting from my cell. But at least it should be easy to rp myself with a different name

Again posted from my cell, edited as fast as I could with the thing and that damned b button that I tend to hit instead of space bar))

Last edited by Devilforge on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:42 pm

She shook her head before she noticed that some man was sitting in front of her. "What?.. The Ragnarok?" she was a little confused, and her head was spinning a bit. "Never drink it than dance." she said giggling. her feet were pounding out a beat in one of the bands songs. "A Ragnarok is... well one drink separated into four parts. It's based of some earth religion's end of the world scenario." she started to tap her fingers in the beat that her hands would work in the song.

"I'm not sure what they are made with, but I can describe them well enough." she said with a smirk, revealing one of her fangs. "The blue one is very cold and has no real flavor, kind of like ice. which is why its filled with ice shavings i guess. Anyway, the red one is warm and has a very metallic taste, which tastes like blood actually." her grin widened showing her other fang. "The black one is a douse. It has some kind of powder that gives it its colour. It also gives it a very chalking texture, which makes most people gag." her tapping started to get a bit louder as her muscles started doing rhythms that weren't part of one of the band's songs.

"The last one is most people's favorites. It's amazingly sweet, but if you consume them all the way i did... well most people get sick." Her ear shot up and she laughed slightly. "But then again i'm not like most people." her tail began to wag showing that she was enjoying herself. Though she was really just enjoying the motions she performed, as she pretended to play her kit.
    Devilforge

Post  Devilforge on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm

((Blah, I feel as if I was mildly hung over, difficult to organize my thoughts into a coherent post))

The only thing he knew about Ragnarok was that mankind, gods and the Yggdrasil died, the last seed of the world tree would then grow and the world would be reborn, or something to that affect. The hand in his pocket began searching Ragnarok, his thumb flicked down on the track pad to avoid the Wikipedia and the old MMO that children still flock to. He'd research it later, he pulled his hand from his pocket but simply left it at his side, he didn't have a good idea as to what to do with it.

Damnit he was doing it again, "So, what exactly does each represent. Well I know one should represent the fall of man, another the fall of gods and Yggdrasil and another the growth of another world tree, what's the blue one?" And damnit now I have I tamper with the evidence at the murder site of Odin stuck in my head. You investigate the Murder... He found himself humming the old song while listening to her, watching her tail wag. That did answer one of his questions about her kind, others included how she reacted to having her chin scratched her stomach rubbed.

Sebastian found himself drawing a chair to continue talking with the wolfwoman, though there probably is a much better way to say what she was. Though she was something the arrogant scholar would've likely remembered if they'd been talked about in Biology. "So, I noted you were drumming along with the song rather accurately." No matter how hard he tried he could never drum with that speed, always ended up hitting the sides of the instruments rather than the center or edges like he was supposed to., stringed instruments were more his style. The movements were more subtle, smaller spaces, less force needing to be applied. A smaller window meant he had to be more precise he couldn't give himself leeway. But, no not today, he wouldn't allow his god complex to get in the way of speaking to a woman. "Do you do it professionally or for fun?"
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:34 pm

"That should be easy... It's the 40 years of endless winter. That's why it's so cold." she kept drumming ignoring him humming an old song. she tapped out of the beat of another song and reached to the small back pack to pull out her drumsticks. She grinned slyly and started to tap out the beat.

"For now it's just for fun... Hopefully the band will get a deal soon." she said not really looking at him, while her tail swung to her mental beat. Her hands went a quickly as she tapped out a rather complicated rhythm pattern that she used to warm up before a gig. "I also play a cello. But I'm not near as talented with it." she looked up and put her sticks away. her eyes were big and sly. the blue and red irises stared into the man's eyes, as the slitted pupils seem to vanish. "Is this some kind of interrogation or something? Because if it is you're not very good." she always seemed to have a paranoia streak that drove away some of the men she didn't scare before.
    Devilforge

Post  Devilforge on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Sebastion's eyes peered down at his pocket, he'd have to read about it. He assumed it was just the preparation, wroughting of cold steel, creation of cold stone walls, or something to that effect. He didn't know much beyond Thor was a god of Thunder, Loki was trickery and Freja is a godess of nature or fertility or something having to do with growing things.

He had to chuckle at cello, they played something similar, though he was likely more adept at his instrument, but before he could share he was interrupted by the woman getting closer and acting somewhat rude. No problem, he could tease her, as a matter of fact he was doing this rather well. He leaned back in his chair and laughed at her, likely not the wisest move in retrospect but it was just something he did, he found others indignation rather funny, especially when they couldn't do shit in the ways of harming him unless she bit him.

"If you ask me, this wasn't a bad interrogation. But no, I'm not purposefully interrogating you." Or perhaps her grasp on the English language isn't the greatest and she's attempting to degrade him. "Anyhow, now that you've gotten a degree of paranoia out of system, I similarly play the electric violin, you can go ahead and laugh. Anyway, what does your band play, Viking metal?" The beat and pace of the drums implied metal, she had a thing for ragnarok, so he assumed her band was like Amon Amarth to some degree, damn he really needed to stop listening to that ancient death metal.
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:39 pm

(( omg Amon Amarth is awesome though ^..,^ ))

"Electric... I actually play an acoustic. Find the sound to be more mellow." she mused around the idea of the electric cello. it sort of discusted her. if she wanted to play something like that she would just play and electric bass. "We should play together some time. Though i wouldn't doubt my skills as a performer. I tend to be a perfectionist when it involves music." she grinned impishly.

Ken laughed heartily. "No... we're not viking metal." she said shaking her head. "Our sound is a Death metal fusion... i think the Genre would be close to Melodic Death metal, but I don't worry about that." she stopped and thought about it for a bit, then nodded finding it close enough. "I just need to keep the drums pounding"

She was thinking about for a second. "We actually have a decent following. Though for some reason we still can't get a record deal." she sighed; her tail drooping a bit. she wanted the record so she could stop her dead end job. She also wanted to play her cello professionally, but she wouldn't tell the others about it, though they knew she played.
    Devilforge

Post  Devilforge on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 am

Electric instruments always sounded better, guitar, violin, triangle. Well the only exception would likely be Casio boards, those were useless and annoying, electric seemed to flow, not easily, but it could make one bittersweet sound with so much more options. "Sounds fun. I don't actually play with anyone, just myself for shits and giggles. Er...damnit, I play by my self." Fucking slip ups. His eyes narrowed, not at her, despite looking at her. "Anyway, don't worry about the perfectionist thing, I'm overly OCD about a lot of things."

He shook his head and gave her a smile "Anyway." He nearly sung. "In college you meet a bunch of people, some of the people I met actually got me into death metal. One of these people is a rich douchebag whose dad, uncle or grandad works in the industry. Anyway, if you don't suck I could pass a cd to him and black mail him into passing it to his u...relative." That's if she doesn't suck, he doesn't want to be listening to pure trash on the radio if it does get popular.

"So, what kind of vocals do you have, screamo, unnecessarily raspy talking or growling?" He could probably learn a bit more about this band of hers so that he doesn't waste his, somewhat less valuable now that it's a long break from school, time. "I'm sorry, I should've probably asked this earlier, what's the name of this band? Just curious."
    IntegraVanWoflstin

Post  IntegraVanWoflstin on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 am

(( umm... gonna say that we have a tentative name atm... i kinda want to say something darker, maybe Primordial storm or something... just little more violent is all im saying >< ))

She smiled a bit at the idea of getting into the business, but thought that she should talk with the rest of the band before making any definitive answers."Um... the band's name is a little tentative at the moment..." she began slowly. "We're split on two names, though for the time we are going by songs of tempest." she sighed as she said the name, as if it felt funny saying it.

She leaned back in her chair and smoothed out her skirt. "Rodric... I guess you could say he does everything. Screams, pig squeals, and he does a really good guttural growl. He seems to shy away from the raspy talk... I think we have one or two songs with it." she put a finger to her chin and thought and then shook it away.

"I think I should talk to the rest of the band before I can give you anything... though we have a gig tomorrow." she said with a smile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:07 pm